This weekend we are looking forward to welcoming the 2018 cohort of freshers athletes onto campus. As club athletics begins its end of season hibernation, University athletics sparks into life over the next month. Director of Athletics, James Thie commented ”This years intake is perhaps the most exciting we have had for a number of years, there is real quality across both the men’s and women’s teams. Given that we have upgraded our indoor facility again this summer we are very excited about the next year of athletics at Cardiff Met.”
The first weeks on campus for freshers are full of new experiences. To get the most out of this time here is our step by step guide to joining the athletics club and getting involved in the team.
- Join and follow our social media platforms @met_athletics https://en-gb.facebook.com/cardiffmetathletics/
- Visit us at Freshers fair (19th Sep)
- Complete the freshers survey so we have all the relevant contact details and information about you.
- Sign up for SU membership and join the club. Link here
- Order your kit bundle (included in your membership)
- Come to the freshers meeting (27th Sep) At the meeting you will have the opportunity to meet new friends, organise your coaching and generally find out more about the club
- Buy your ticket for the club social
- Get involved with training and competition straight away
- Club Endurance Run @ 18:00 on Mondays, Lunch times on Wednesdays
- Club indoor training Tue/Thu 17:30 in NIAC
- 13th Oct Cardiff Cross
- Annual Dual Meet vs Birmingham University -November
- Contact a committee member if you have any further questions